Cheeky

Cheeky

Monday, September 21, 2015

Interview With K.c. Rice


    Author K.c. Rice comes to us from Frankfort Ky. She is married and has three grown children and two precious grand-babies!! K.c. obviously a southern gal, loves the typical out doors, long walks on the beach and spending time with her husband and family, but I bet you didn't know she also loves to paint!

K.c. took time from her busy day to do me the honor of giving an interview, so without further delay here we go:

Q:WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH THE INSPIRATION FOR YOU BOOK KAYCEE'S TATTERED SPIRIT?

A: My mind is always turning... I was day dreaming different scenarios and the idea of an online love affair popped into my mind. I decided to use a lot of my own insecurities in the creation of Kaycee.

Q: WHY PICK ROMANCE OVER ALL THE OTHER TYPES OF GENRES OUT THERE?

A: I have always been a romantic at heart. I have a strong passion and desire for erotic, yet realistic stories. So many stories focus on the sex... Because let's face it, sex sells, but I wanted my readers to see Kaycee as a true person with feelings, desires and dreams. I have a story working inside of my head that will be a paranormal/romance. I think that will be fun!

Q: AFTER READING YOUR BOOK I FOUND MYSELF NEEDING TO READ THE NEXT BOOK. SO THE BIG QUESTION IS; WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?

A: Yes! Actually there will be at least two more books. I am currently working on book two: In RECONCILED, you'll see Kaycee still struggles at times to stay true to her new independent self. Mason, and she cross paths again. There's love, sex, mystery, new characters, a martyr and a cold blooded murder.

Q: YOU HAVE A FEW LOOSE ENDS IN YOUR STORY, IS THERE A SPECIFIC REASON FOR THIS?

A: It's the Hook to keep you wanting more.... Everyone is asking what the heck happened to Shane? What is the big secret job and life that has caused his transformation into the a**? You will get your answer in RECONCILED.

Q: AT ANYTIME DURING YOUR WRITING CAREER DID YOU THINK "THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE LAST ONE I'M DOING? IF SO, WHY? AND WHAT MADE YOU KEEP GOING?

A: YES!! Actually I felt that way with this book. I made up my mind "If this book doesn't intrigue readers- I'm going to quit. I poured my heart and soul into this story. I want my readers to live through Kaycee and miss her when the book is over.

Q: DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS OR ADVICE FOR NEW WRITERS?

A: 1. Always keep a notebook and pen handy You never know when an idea or scene will pop up. I have been known to text myself ideas that have just popped up.
        2. Don't give up. Like everything in life, it's a challenge, but if you truly enjoy sharing your inner voice and characters with others it's well worth it.

        3. Do your homework, self publishing is not hard at all. many people are under the impression that it is, but once you've researched and familiarized yourself, you will see it's rather simple. There are cut throats out there that prey on newbies, if it seems too good to be true chances are it is. Become friends with other authors who can and are willing to nurture and guide you. I am an Indie Author, a newbie, but friends with so many other authors, we are a tight knit family and we stick together and help one another out. I love my Author family dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment